Monday, August 4, 2008

Breaking Dawn!

Ok...so am I crazy or what?!?! On Friday night, I got in line (I was the 1st one in line...he he) at 10:30 pm at the McKinney Wal-mart to pick up the newest book of the Twilight series. A few minutes later & I was joined by 5 others. From then, the line started growing pretty rapidly. Some of the others said that they had tried to go to the Barnes & Noble to get in line but there were more than 5000 people there! and the wristbands were gone (you had to have a wristband in order to get a book because they only had 5000 copies of the book). So, they came to Wal-mart. While we were sitting there, my dad calls me from Georgia and says "Where are you at right now?" I told him kind of laughing & he breaks up laughing and says that He and Mary are waiting in line also to get the book. But...because of time changes, they were getting their copy in just a few minutes. So...what does he do??? He calls me after they get the book & he starts reading from the Last Page! Dad! What are you doing???? Don't blow it for me! All these people around me are just laughing until he starts reading & then they are like...Hey don't blow it! Don't tell us! What a funny guy! Anyway...we waited it out, barely, until 12:01 until they finally gave us our books! Yee haw! I got home at 12:15 pm and immediately started reading (while David sighed in the background...he new I was a lost cause until I was done with the book:). I read until I couldn't read anymore for the night (5:30 am) and then went to bed. Well, I must have been too anxious because I was only able to sleep until 9:30 & then I went right back to reading. David was a real sweetheart & locked me in my room (so the kids couldn't bug me) and brought me up lunch when it was lunch time & extra water & coke zero and then he locked me in again. I read all day long, not ever leaving my bed or getting changed/showered, until 6:30 pm when I finally finished the book! Holy Cow! I loved it! I love this whole series! and I love David for letting me get away with reading all day long! Anyway...then I was bombarded at church with questions from everyone that had not yet finished the book asking me if it was a happy ending & other questions...I kept telling everyone..."I am not going to tell you, you gotta read it" lol....it was so funny. Ashley finished the book this morning & next David gets to read it. Anyway....fun weekend!

3 comments:

crack'n up ourselves said...

Now that you have finished reading the books, are you going to be going through withdrawl? Someone may need to inform David.

Rachael said...

Laurel,
I was careful not to read your whole post in case it included sensitive information. I'm close to finished with eclipse, and I'll be off to the store to pick up the finale. I will definitely call when I come up for air. I've got to have SOMEONE to obsess with!!!
Rachael

dad said...

I didn't read that much to you.. but I love you anyway..