Sunday, September 7, 2008



My brother Craig had a layover at the Dallas Airport on his way back to Afghanistan so we were able to meet him there & talk with him for about 3 hours. It was really neat to see the girls interact with him & ask him questions about what he is doing and what the patches meant on his uniform. It was also really neat to see all of the many people come up to them & tell them thankyou for what they are doing. There was a whole line up of people hugging the troops & thanking them for everything. It was all very heartwarming. As scary as it is for me to have both of my brothers overseas & in that mess... my heart goes out to their wives & kids. I don't know how they get through it all. I love you Jessie & J-Me. You are always in our thoughts & prayers. Thanks for all that you give up so that our Country stays safe!


1 comment:

Brenda said...

Hi Laurel! I am so glad you posted this about your brother. As a family we pray for the troops, but we personally don't know any of them. It is nice actually see someone in uniform and know who he is that he has great family like you! Next time you talk to your brothers, let them know that there are so many people out there praying for them and thank them for their service for me! Have a great day!